View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: This line probably sucks, but I hate leading and folding to a rais

[ QUOTE ]
So I can never open limp in MP in these games? I guess I can buy that. If I knew the guy didnt fire 2 barrels I would check call yes, didnt know that. Also arent I getting the price to flop a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to warn you that what I'm going to suggest will be disagreed upon by the majority of successful players, but I've found that it works well for my style.

I limp a lot. With drawing hands like pocket pairs. My goal is to double up through these. I'll also limp in any position(even LP) with monsters, ready to raise big to anyone who tries to muscle me out preflop- when people see you break a few people doing this, they'll fear coming over the top of your limps a little more.

My goal is never to win small pots, but my style allows me to do so, as people see that I'm willing to lose small pots in order to break someone and it instills a healthy fear.

The disadvantage of such a style is that I'm often times put in difficult situations because since I didn't raise, I can't really put other people on hands postflop. Due to this, one must be very tight postflop in regards to laying down decent hands in order to play such a style.