View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Why Two Dimes Data Is Wrong (Continued...)

[ QUOTE ]
there is no statistical fast one being pulled by twodimes (which was what you indicated in your early posts).

[/ QUOTE ]

Cooker - Gee.... I didn't mean that at all. I wasn't at all thinking along those lines.

I'm more interested in somehow adjusting my own simulation totals to somehow give more weight to scooping once than winning half the pot twice. (But I haven't been able to figure out how to do it).

I realize scooping once amounts to the same thing as winning for high twice in simulations.

But I continue to think that isn't quite true under real game conditions. I'm not meaning to be stubborn or obtuse about it. And I've tried to give examples to demonstrate what I mean.

[ QUOTE ]
however, if you are going to be all in, then you should rely entirely upon the twodimes EV and the type of draw you have (scoop, low half, high half) is unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I'm not a pot-limit player. A big problem on this forum is that individuals with limit-Omaha-8 mentalities (like me) have different considerations than people who primarily play pot-limit.

For example, I'm rarely going to be "all-in." I'm usually drawing for something after the flop and I'm always going to want to have enough left in my stack to capitalize on making my draw when I catch a needed card. When I don't have enough in my stack to cover betting a winner on the river, then I make a rebuy. (I can think of exceptions, but they're not worth mentioning here). If I don't have enough in my stack to cover betting the river, and also don't have enough in my pocket for a re-buy, then it's time to go home.

Since I won't be "all-in," I will have the option of folding (and thus saving big bets) on the third or fourth betting round. I don't have to continue to pay when I don't have a fit with the flop or when it's better for me to fold after the turn or river.

Please do not take whatever I have written in this thread as meaning to impugn or discredit twodimes.net (or Wilson) in any way. I use twodimes.net (and Wilson). I like twodimes.net (and Wilson). I appreciate twodimes.net (and Wilson).

Buzz