View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: 2 RIVER CHECKRAISES.

so... 3 combos of KK, 6 combos of AK. You can't fold to a 3bet, and we'll say he can't fold AK to a raise. The 3 times he has KK you lose 2 more BBs than you would be just calling, so you lose 6BBs. The 6 times he has AK, you make 1 extra BB winning 6BBs. So, it is EV neutral. I don't like variance for the sake of variance, so I just call.

Does he have any other hand besides AK/KK/AA which calls a chk/rz? Remember, 99 is out there too... Actually I think the existance of 99 makes this a check/call. Does he call with JJ/QQ/AQ to a river check/rz? Does he even bet these hands here?

whatever, check/call.

Hand 2: KJo... cap it up??? I don't think so... However the way the hand played, I gotta get a checkraise in on the turn or river. However, can we really depend on him to bet a non-K that loses to you on the river? His flop action doesn't say AK to me. KQ is always possible. QQ/JJ/TT? I see him checking behind a lot of 2nd best hands. I get the check/raise in on the turn. I just don't know what you're expecting him to call on the river with. This is a hand where I wish I had AK instead of KJ so I could have HIM calling with KQ/KJ.