View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: why do i do this? How do I stop?

one thing i see is you try to slowplay big hands to much. with the JJ go ahead and fire out strong here. the only way your gonna make a profit is by betting, and that is a board with quite a few possible draws, id bet ATLEAST 3/4 pot there.

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the worst player ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

The face that you know your doing something wrong puts you a step ahead of alot of people. instead of blaming bad luck or bad cards, you realize that you made the mistake and you have to fix it.

[ QUOTE ]
I make two perfect reads and go against them, once calling and the second time pushing. What is wrong with me!!! I'm not a moron, I knew what they had both times. What is it in my psyche that makes me go against my read like this? Is this something you guys have gotten past? Why do we do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason that i would go against my reads were because i was afraid of being wrong, or maby i wanted to prove to myself that i was right, Maby i was afraid that i was getting bluffed. i dunno.

I improved on this alot by just trusting my judgement 100%, sure im wrong sometimes, but the fact that i can trust myself and believe that im good enough to make the correct play helps me out alot. I think you really just have to be confident 100% regardless of how hard it is.(way easier said than done trust me.)