View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Hold me, I\'m a poker player in the midst of \"the 200BB downswing\"

So, I've just recently decided to put more time into poker to see if I can make it a significant percentage of my income. I had beaten the Party 3/6 consistently for over a year and was humming along at a nice clip 4-tabling the 5/10 full over about 25,000 hands.

Now that I'm committing serious time to playing, I'm getting in between 2,500 and 3,000 hands per day, 6-7 tabling 5/10 full. I have more than enough living expenses and a big enough bankroll to play 10/20 comfortably.

So anyway, over the last 3 days, I've played 8,000 hands and I've managed to drop about 130 big bets. I do my best to just play through it and keep a level head, but I'm starting to let the bad streak get to me, because nothing is going right.

I've been reviewing my play and despite a few leaks, it appears that the cards have really not been very friendly in this stretch. Instances of pocket Aces are way below the norm, and KK, QQ, JJ are significantly below normal as well.

Are there any internet pros out there who could share some tips and experiences of how they have successfully dealt with the dreaded downswings?

Sorry for the rant, but I guess I just needed to vent and I'm hoping for a bit of comiseration and advice on how to keep the eyes on the prize.

Thanks!