View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Writing down exposed cards

The more I have played stud, the better my memorization of exposed cards has improved.

Early on, while playing online, I used a chart I created in Excel that listed each card in columns by suit--as the cards were dealt, I'd use a blue highlighter to mark off the exposed cards. There would be about 12 of these charts on a sheet of paper, and I'd only bother with the hands I'd get involved.

2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Now I try to use the "Doc AZ method" of repeated the exposed cards at least 4 or 5 times silently as they are dealt, arrange them in numeric order and focus more on the cards that would improve my hand and a little on the cards that would improve my opponents hand(s)--this works.