View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Another 30/60 hi/low hand

Usually big hidden pairs are a good hand in this game, but I just don't think that Tens are strong enough to bring it in for a full bet here. I might do it once in a while though if I thought I could steal the antes with them. No one's board is very scary in this spot. Anyway, if I did bring it in and people called I would put on the brakes here.

I would fold fourth street unless I had a good read that the opponent with the Ace will call in this spot with just three to a low or something else that you beat at the moment. Most will not since the other low caught good. You close the action so it can go either way i guess.

Fifth street I really don't like at all. You've got two medium pair. The ace just caught a wheel card if indeed he was on a low draw. The other low just paired his door. You might be slightly ahead at the moment, but I just don't thin k that you are in good enough shape to warrant a raise. YOu don't really know where you stand at all in this hand. Not to mention that no one is going anywhere by you raise.

Sixth street makes me want to puke. Both villians caught low cards. You are almost always drawing to half of the pot at best. You don't even know if your hand is good for high. You're way likely to get scooped here to be pumping the pot.

River: I would be glad to check this down and cross my fingers that I get half. Betting doesn't make much sense here IMO.

Mike