Thread: Pusing The Turn
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 04:00 AM

Default Re: Pusing The Turn

Yeah, I hate this situation on the turn and I think is one of the most challenging positions in all of poker - The turn bet with nothing in a blind steal.

So much psychology going on in this hand. So you say this guy is aggro, then wouldn't he likely c/r an A on the flop? If so then you likely have the best hand right now and should bet. However, this is a tricky turn card as it puts 4 to straight on the turn and could easily be c/red with nothing. This would make me want to get to the SD cheaply by checking the turn. However, the turn c/r on a complete bluff will likely only come from extremely aggro players and I don't know that is is THAT likely. If he c/r the turn I think we can safely fold as he likely has some piece, if not the nuts and we are far behind.

So with this board and the given aggro player I like a bet. The fact that he goes to SD with marginal hands in suspect, however, given your aggressive read it would appear that he will say something on the flop or turn if he has something (usually on the flop in my experience). Therefore, you likely have the best hand and can improve on the river or check behind and still SD the best hand the majority of the time.

I really like thinking about these hands and need to do some more studying. Going over the HUSH would probably be a good idea as I don't visit there enough.