View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Hmmm ATs Live Hand

i'm an inexperienced player, and i don't question your skill or play, but is betting with the flush draw the correct play in this case? i like your raise preflop with ATs because it's pretty nasty and tricky and makes your opponents think a lot since you're in the SB. so when you bet on the flop which makes sense to me with the draw and get called all around. why is it correct to bet on the turn when the turn is another 8 with i believe 4 ppl in the hand? thought you didnt, i would be scared of being raised in a situation like that and then you're committing even more money to the pot. you may be pot committed if someone raises you and it's probably the right call but is it not risky too? i'm really not sure. i was just wondering if you could maybe clarify the reasons for you betting out the draw on the flop and turn. i like your check on the river. it's very tricky. however, i'm not so sure if it'll make you too much money in the long run. the tight player might have a kq or ka and too scared to bet and the usual suspect might just have a weak hand. i feel like if you bet, you at least get a call from the usual guy and the tight player with the king has a decent chance of calling. if you check, you could maximize the pot, but you also risk missing at least 1 call which is pretty money if you bet. i'm really not sure man. i actually might have checked in the spur of the moment for the huge deception. i know that my doubt about your flop and turn play is probably pretty wrong since i'm a barely decent player and the other great players on the forum agree with you. but i would also like to catch this train of thought so that i can improve my play. so if you could clarify, that'd be awesome.

take care,
saurabh