View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Suited connectors in raised pots

I've found them extremely successful against players that fall in love with AA/KK/AK and similar hands that make TPTK. I think I've lost money in trying to play them for more than they are worth or playing them too hard. They are absolute garbage unless you flop hard - as in a draw that is to the nuts. Numerous times I've lost a fair amount of money on a flush that is 9 high etc...or draws to the ignorant end of straights. I don't think the type of way that you play them is as important as the type of plyaer you play them against. There are a few players in a regular home game who marry their big hands, this is where you can make money but the conditions have to be ideal. Obviously the more players in a raised pot the better. I've also realized that I had been playing them without regard to my position relative to the raiser. I think it's really important to have position where the entire field must face the raisers bet before you act, if it's the other way around, I've often found myself making -EV plays...