View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Slowplaying a flopped flush

At this level on Party I will check the flop trying to get the K high flush to give me some action along with any two pairs/sets. Now on the turn if the board pairs, get out! The free card backfired as it normally does in PLO and you've lost a minimal amount. If it doesn't pair then a fairly big size bet is needed to really punish any set drawing to his boat, and any idiots with K high flush or straight draws. Normally I make it between 1/2 the pot and the full pot. This will keep most people from getting too scared but at the same time charge any draws, plus I don't mind making a lil gamble on the river now and again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Hopefully a non-scare card falls on the river and I can make a bet I feel whatever second best hands will call with.

BUT this is how I'd play it on Party. Stars on the other hand you maybe walking into a lot of trouble, since I've heard the play is a lot better over there. If no one will give you action unless they have a big draw, a slowplay is uncalled for because a set will get there far too often by the river, especially when they aren't charged. If the Party PLO $25 tables weren't full of idiotic NLHE players pushing in pot-sized bets with a K hi flush, I would NEVER SLOWPLAY THIS HAND. An occasional free turn card with a made flush has been very +EV for me on Party since most people will not give you ANY action on this flop and you gotta make it look like you're buyin the pot on the turn to get some.