View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: KQo. PARTY 1/2. RIVER.

hi flawless,

some thoughts:

You might have been better off checking behind on the turn and calling his river bet. You likely win the same from made / missed draws, while losing less to a hand with an ace in it. It's unlikely that he holds a hand that will fold if you bet but which also has very many outs against you.

Given the way you played it, I'm inclined to check behind on the turn. Note that if you do this, then it provides even more merit for checking the turn to induce a bluff, since you are only planning to get 1 BB from a weaker king anyways.

I think you can bet and get called by weaker hands, but you'll also run into tricky aces and of course rivered flushes when you bet, cutting into the value quite a bit. If you do choose to bet and are raised, you can only beat a bluff, so you have to decide if an unknown will bluff raise here often enough to justify a call. Hard to say, you'd have to ask someone with more 100/200 experience. I'd guess the answer is that it's close. If it were up to me, I'd fold to a raise.

good luck.
eric