View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker and squinting at the truth (long)

My name is Bluefeet, and I'm addicted to note taking - "Hiiiiiiii Bluefeeeeeeeet".

Of course I generally only 2-table, so I'm certainly not speaking to the true multi-tablers...but I CAN tell you, the notes I've gathered are extremely beneficial. Checking prior to making this post, I have 2,862 unique players noted on the Stars 27&60 turbos. I'm a sick bastard I know.

But for those starting out, or just playing a table or two, I highly recommend it. I'm sitting down with AT LEAST one or two noted at the 60's...at times, three or four at the 27's. By the end of the game, it is VERY rare that any are left un-noted. Close decisions are effected by these notes in virtually every game. How much this effects my overall success? Beats me. But I'm confident it has been a +EV endeavor.

Aside from the 'future info' aspect, it has taught me a lot about the game. An educational tool in my own development. It's also helpful in keeping me focused on the game while tighty-folding most in the early levels. By the time I'm forced to become more active, I'll have new notes on most at the table -- starting requirements, calling standards, bluffing propensity, etc. While late game strategies shift for many a donk, there are certain characteristics that hold true throughout.

Eh...nuff rambling. Easier done on stars maybe, but again, for those still 1-2tabling, keep that instant HH up and running, making notes along the way. If nothing else, it might shed light on leaks of your own - by analyzing others mistakes.

Ps. I'm aware that adding two more tables, keeping less notes would probably be more profitable. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]