View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 AM

Default \"u are a rock at this limit\"

I'm a rock? Really????

So yesterday, I get home from work and I got to put in my 40 points on Party to get the scracth card for the next day. In the spirit of Metetron & Bob playing for the cruise, I decide to play the day at 2/4 limit. I'm a NL player who has tried to play limit a few times but hasn't had much success.

I open up 6 tables of 2/4 and let it mine a little while I cook myself up a quick dinner. I come back and jump on the waiting lists and go at it.

Overall it was an okay session. 289 hands and finished +5BB so for me not playing limit for months, I didn't think I did too bad. Suffered a couple horrible beats but oddly enough, they didn't tilt me at all. Had it been NL, I would have been cussing like crazy at my computer screen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So I'm winding down and I start getting bored. When I get bored, I look to chat. On one of my tables, a guy had cold-called a raise preflop with pocket 3's, flopped a set and rivered quads. After the hand, the guy he was up against said :

"please don't cold call me with 33, it will tilt me"

Perfect chance for me to jump in and get a chat going. I replied something to the effect of "okay, I'll remember that" and then cold-called his raise on that very next hand and said "I'm cold-calling with 3's here". I had A4s and 3 people ahead of me had called the raise so I was all about seeing a flop. The flop came dead for me and I folded to a bet.

After the hand, the guy replies to me "I wasn't talking about you Iggy, I don't think you're capable of making that play". Interesting, I don't know whether this was a complement or an insult. I asked him and his reply back to me was "u are a rock at this limit".

Me? A rock? It's been awhile since I played limit, but I have my table session stats shown. I was currently at 18/9/3 over about 50 hands on that table.

Am I that out of touch with limit?