View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Might I suggest

Tape a $50 bill above where you sit.

Next to it tape an item that you relly like (that just happens to cost ~ $50).

Allow these two things to remind you of the value of fifty bucks.

I used to play 6-12 holdem out west where the blinds were $3 and $6; my major (and to be honest, damned near my only) leak was completing the SB way too often if there had been no raise.

My GF, after growing tired of hearing me whine about this but actually DO nothing, bought me a rather expensive $3 gold piece. (I didn't know prior to this that such a coin even existed). She also replaced the emergency $5 bill I always kept in my wallet with two $1 bills. It didn't take long for me to attach the proper value to three bucks.

A more or less irrelevant (though very amusing) similar story involves the time she walked into the cardroom and saw me chatting with one of the more attractive (as in smokin' hot) dealers. She didn't get angry but did disappear into the ladies room; when she came out she stuck her hand in my jacket pocket and said, "the $3 coin helped to suppress your evil desires in poker by reminding you of the value of $3; maybe having these will help you to supress other evil desires". [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Note: GF is also smokin' hot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It worked like a charm although I was never able to figure out an apropriate manner in which to display her latest "gift" - I could use the $3 coin as a card marker but what was I to do with . . . um, never mind. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]