View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Hold \'em with no position?

Are you playing limit, or no limit?
I can only address no limit play. In my college days(not so recently) I played in games like these. Play as tight as humanly possible, if you have a big hand, bet preflop, get the money in while you can, then punish them on the later streets as well. Make them pay to make mistakes. Occasionally, in late position, limp in with garbage like they do so that when the flop comes out, someone raises and everyone folds, you can fold the hand up and say, "gotta see the flop" so they THINK you're playing like them, but then go back to tight. Otherwise, they'll catch on that your raises preflop indicate a lot of strength. Sometimes, when you limp in with those goofball hands, you flop a monster and you can even show down a winning hand with garbage. Just remember, when you limp in with horrible hands for the purpose of advertising, don't get too attached to the hand. Don't be tempted to play like them, you're just doing it so they think you're one of them. Only then will they pay off your good hands. For limit play, I think you need to read Small Stakes Hold em. Someone else will address that though.