View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Stud/8 Ante on Party (more basic questions)

50c/1$ ante 25c
1/2$ ante 25c
2/4$ ante 25c
3/6$ ante 50c
5/10$ ante 50c
10/20$ ante 1$
20/40$ ante 2$

I was playing a bit of 1/2$ stud/8 on Party today and started scoping a nice pot of 60$, so I just thought wow and played for some time .. and suddenly it dawned on me, that I had lost it all without really losing any big pots or anything that stood out (sure I stayed to long with a few hand and such, but ... )

Is it just me, or is an ante of 25c in the 1/2$ games too high ?? (You have to play pretty tight and pushing people around is not really possible (at least at that level, someone is usually calling you down) (Not to mention the 1/2 $ ante in the 50c/1$ stud8 games, that simply seems like madness to me)

Or am I too tight by mostly sticking to Ray Zee's category 1-7 starting hands (Rolled up trips to highest pair) and do I simply have to gamle a great deal more and just take the rollercoaster ride

And if I am to loosen up is that in the high end by starting to play high three flushes and straigh hoping to pair a large (live) card and then maybe scooping if noone makes a low .. or ? (I am really just guessing hre .. but hey .. ?? )

(And if a 25c ante in a 1/2$ game is to high, does that also go for a 50c ante in the 3/6$ game ?)