View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Fancy play syndrome - take two

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the turn it's too easy for villain to c/r with just a flush draw or straight draw trying to represent a J (and has plenty of outs if I stick around).

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

if villain is good enough to do this, give the man the pot. i think AK is good, and when you're c/r, you're not. pot it on the turn.

BTW, your river raise represents exactly JT, JJ, or TT, which I dont know if you'd play it like that, but how it looks. Problem is villain is getting like 4:1 on a call; may be too stupid to see what you're representing; and will never fold trips here. (Or obviously a boat)

Aj, (any jack), probably an overpair, etc. (whatever you're betting on the button pf with) would bet this turn so either you're afraid of top pair pairing or you've boated up.

If he folds I think ace high was good anyway. Too narrow a range (Ten, 3, or mid pp) that you want to fold out w/ your raise. He prolly will look you up anyway just because raising the river is peculiar. (Just read results, really doesn't surprise me)

Anyway... when you have ace high (earlier question) on a draw heavy board, you're not really looking to get to showdown cheaply. (like a big pocket pair MAY do, although shorthanded I'd still bet this turn because a flop call could be so many things not just top pair) So you dont care if you're checkraised. If you are you're folding 4 outs to a straight on a paired board. With top pair pairing your over outs may not be good. You could be drawing dead now.

Anycase, a bet on the turn is for protection, you likely have the best hand, if you're checkraised it's time to reevaluate, and normally I decide I'm no good. Problem is when he calls and a blank hits and he bluffs... Do you pick him off with ace high?