View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: lexus is250 vs hoopty

I'm bound by my 2+2 oath to give the best advice I can. Believe me, I wanna mess with you and tell you to buy the car. But I'm a square.

Buying a 40k car would be really really dumb. Especially if you live in Waco... Lexus's aren't even cool in Texas. Buy a 2000 Ford pickup and put Bigfoot wheels on it or something. I dunno.. at your age, I think your car budget should be 6-10k max. I paid 16k for my first car, and I regret spending that much (though I do like my car).

You should be saving every last cent you can right now. Just because you're saving some doesn't mean you shouldn't save more. In fact, you should save more. You're probably already spending too much money.

Life is going to be a LOT easier once you hit 30 if you've put than money away rather than blown it on overpriced Japanese junk. You may feel like you're rolling in it now, but you're 19, single, and going to college on a full scholorship. You have zero real expenses.

Once you enter the real world, money's gonna fly out the window like crazy. Price a house and a kid. At least a million. Oops, that condom broke. Another 700k. That money you put away this year will seem like pennies in a few years.

Save your money. You'll need it. (And pay your taxes too while you're at it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])