View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Rose Bowl = Laugher

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that Ohio States defense is much better than USC's, and Texas still managed to beat them. They haven't seen an offense as good as USC, but USC hasn't seen a defense close to as good as Texas. I see a lot of value in Texas, 7 points is just too much. Comparing to last year's national title game, SC this year isn't as good as SC last year, especially on D. Fresno and ND showed that their D can give up points, and Texas's offense is better than both of those. I look for a high scoring game, with turnovers deciding the game. In no way do I think a 20 point USC victory is likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

If OSU's offense at that point was even halfway between then and USC's, OSU wins that game by 20 points. OSU's offense at that point was virtually non-existent, and the mistakes made by VY and others against a tough defense nearly cost them the game, except the Bucks couldn't capitalize. Now if Texas doesn't play their 2nd worst game of the season, it might be another story.

Is it safe to say that USC is the 2nd best defense that Texas will face this year?