View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Back to basics checkup... marginal hand/big pot

Villain has PFR of 10 or so over a few hundred hands. I figure he is only raising big PP and AK out of the SB.

I called pre-flop because barring a re-raise, we are going to the flop 5 handed and I only have to call 1. I'm looking to hit the flop hard.

On the flop, I've got a pair and a gut shot. Not exactly as good of a flop as I would like, but I think I can work with it with 10SB already in the pot. I'd like to protect my gutshot from runner-runner spades, and my 2 pair draw from a straight, so I raise. I think this is correct, but want to check.

On the river, I was a wuss. I was worried about QQ and JJ at this point. He probably isn't betting an unimproved ace, so he has AQ (unlikely given the flop 3-bet and pfr), AA, KK, JJ, QQ here. I'm ahead of slightly more than I am behind, but if he 3-bets, I'm probably hosed.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB