View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: TT UTG -- Flop play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about the two-flush and the possible straight draws? Do these slow you down?

[/ QUOTE ]

These actually speed me up, since its more likely that their aggression is with a hand that I beat. IMO it's much easier to 3-bet here than a 399 rainbow flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I read their fast play as a threat. With four loose players, I thought it very likely that strong draws were out there. And the BB raising the SB (pre-flop 3 bettor), made me think that the SB might have an overpair, the BB a 9. No reason for the specific reads, but still: I thought I was beat in at least one place, possibly two, with 2 more players to act, and lots of ways to draw out on me: about 21 turn cards could be dangerous (flush cards, overcards, straight cards). And if I were behind, I obviously only had 2 outs.

Yes, the pot was large (18 SB), but it was 2 bets to me, thus 9 to 1. Not even close to the right odds for 2 outs. And I thought that with the aggressive play, the flop might be capped. Putting in a lot of bets with a hand that if still best was likely not to hold up seemed foolish to me. So I folded.

And I was "right": the flop was capped, and there was a 9 out there. But I am obviously wondering whether I did the right thing by folding on the flop. And I don't want to let the results influence my thinking. I thought I was doing the right thing. Others don't.

So was it weak-tight to fold, being too fearful that I was already beat? Or prudent?