View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Small edge w/ AKo?

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think you can just call the first time preflop if you aren't planning on callling in this spot the second time if this eventuality arises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I agree with that, but I think it isn't as clear (and I've seen another repeat what you're saying). First, if SB pushes behind and CO folds (which is an option, I don't think CO auto pushes against SB with anything.) I happily call and am an overall favorite. This will happen only a minority of the time, obviously, but IMO, not isolating CO by reraising is still probably better than doing so before SB acts.

Now, when both have pushed, it's a tricky situation (of course I expected it to happen big % of the time, but I can still re-evaluate). As much as I think about it, it seems like a very close decision, and practically a neutral CEV spot, with a chance to get my stack 2.5 times bigger or bust.

I think that's why it's an interesting spot. In most cases I'd simply raise CO. But this particular spot is unique IMO because it put me in a position where I clearly have very small overall edge (if at all), and about to risk my whole tourney. These are the situations we theoretically discuss here so often.