View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Stats, Downswings, and Whatnot

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not pointing fingers or blaming people, and PBob's post even generated some decent discussion, awesome drunk mod posts, (and fat chick jokes)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would love to see the stats/downswings posts killed altogether. I don't really even think a dedicated stats post is all that worthwhile, there have been plenty of stats collection posts that should give people a good idea of what is standard. if you want to know if your stats don't match well, look for these posts or just past stats posts.

much more worthwhile than comparing stats is posting hands or polls with specific information, for example:

two LPP limpers and a tight BB and you are in the SB with _____, what do you do?

downswing posts are basically inexcusable IMHO and have no business in a strategy forum. They should at least be a thinly veiled hand post a la "this guy just check/raised me on the turn and I know I have the seconds nuts but I'm down 2302 bbs over the last 15 hands so I'm fraking out, this is an easy call down right?"

general downswing variance posts have a home now.

not directed at anyone in particular, just giving my $0.02 on improving the forum