View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: I guess it\'s time to get it all in -- flop bluff

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding open pushing with one pair, can you look at the QQ hand I posted in this thread against the same villain? It would seem to contradict your premise that he "can't make a mistake" when I overbet all-in with one pair. He made a tremendous mistake by calling. He called $90 into a $14 pot with unimproved overs which hit on neither the turn nor river. I doubt there is any other way I get full value there than by simply open pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You set him up for this play though. And he's a major idiot...an idiot can always make the wrong play. Against an unknown the only hands that call you in the example are those that beat you....but now that they know you are capable of this move then other hands will call. However, this is an exceptionally bad call, even if he knows you are bluffing he has to fold there....his play wouldn't be that bad if he had least had top pair, but he called you with unimproved overs....pretty horrendous. This is what i was talking about when I said that your method of playing does set them up to make bad calls....but that's an exceptionally bad one.