View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City Regulars

I osted this in the railbirds thread by accident as well.

I played at the Borg for the second time this weekend, 1-2 NLHE, sat with some characters you guys would probably know.

Friday night/sat morning, I sat at the far end of the room, with two guys who were definate regulars. They knew each other and talked bout a lot of aquaintances. One guy was younger, mid 20s, well dressed, listening to an ipod, tall and skinny, pretty solid player.

The other guy was older, in his forties, with Douglas McArthur looking sunglasses, kind of crotchety, talked to himself a lot trying to figure out people's plays. Also had headphones, but a kmart looking ipod.

Saturday i sat in the middle of the flor, also at 1-2 nlhe. The two people directly to my left were definately your grider types, One was a fat greasy older guy, baling, wearing a black 'got poker' t, he was wearing a bracelet, but i couldn't read what it said, it looked more like something from a carnival rather than the wsop. he wouldn't shut up about his poker resume, how he's won over 1mm in the last 15 years and is buddies with benny binion and mike matasow etc. etc. dude gave me a headache.

the chick next to him had like two racks of chips and about 3000 in front of her, kind of flighty, thin, and a unique fashion sense, seemed nice, but definately weird. She was busting people left and right. I was pretty impressed with her play, but she was definately catching some good cards, including rivering a two outer to bust my ass.

it was a bad weekend. hopefully this weekend at the tstone will be better.