View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Pot Odds/Implied Odds Scenario

Ultimate Bet 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.01.
BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB (poster) checks,

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Alright, whether or not my limping with K-T was smart or not isn't the question here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. After the flop, facing a bet and a raise I did some odds calculations. At this point, I felt fairly certain that a 9 or a K would give me the winning hand. I only really feared KJ or QT at this point because this table had been doing quite a bit of preflop raising and I didn't think anyone had any really decent hands. I decided to figure on 5 outs (figuring a 9 was good, but a K might be good). This made me a 9:1 dog to complete my hand. I was 99% certain that everyone would call the raise, so the pot was laying me 8.5:1 odds. I decided I'd fold if the turn missed me, so I figured I'd at least get a BB out of each of the remaining players (some might have folded, while some might have stayed until the river). I figured my implied odds were 13.5:1 so I went ahead and called.

So, here are my questions. First, did I figure my pot and implied odds correctly? Second, is dropping a few of my outs due to them perhaps being tainted a correct way of figuring my chances to make a hand? Third, was this the correct play?