View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet SNGs (rant)

HI Mack

I can see how almost doubling the amount of time it takes to complete a SNG can be annoying, but I guess that's the price you have to pay, in order to increase your chances of success.

Concerning the UB miniview, in the beginning, I found it to be very confusing, but it only takes a little while to get to now it. Actually, I now find it easier using the miniview to get a complete picture of the game ( how many left, small/big stack and so on) in comparison to the normal view.

What I found funny was, that you were actually complaining about people playing tight when on the bubble, almost making it sound like it wasn't fair, that the opponents weren't just donating their chips to a worthy cause (the buy-Mack-a-Caddy Foundation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
One thing, however,a frien of mine just switched from PP to UB and he thinks that the UB SNG's are WAAAAAAYYYYY easier to beat. So I guess it's matter of, whether the different blinds structure at UB makes up for the fact that PP has more fish.

i myself am quite new to the game and I'm still only playing 5+0,5 at UB. But even though I'm no expert player AT ALL, I find it quite easy to win consistent. Mainly because only a few of those I've encountered so far have managed to adjust their play, from being 10-handed to 3-4 handed. It's like they still think "slow blind increase = take your time, pick your hand).

I hate loosing, to an obviously worse player than me. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people have had that exact same feeling, when they have been loosing to me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]