View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Semi Results

OK guys......

Here's what I was thinking.

A flop raise is only good when the pot is bloated preflop by a raise and some calls. The fact that this pot was unraised preflop and has only 3SB going to the flop makes a flop raise absolutely horrendous. Why attempt to shut out the button? Fast playing is much better when someone indicates they have a strong holding (as in raised PF).

The turn bet/check can go either way. Checking is not terrible like everyone says. There are a few underlying factors:

1. I felt the button would bet the turn ~50% of the time (some portion of that because he hit a queen and some portion to take a stab at it). I know that if button bets the turn, SB will almost always call. Trapping both of them for a double bet makes for a HUGE reward to my risk.

2. There's very little chance that a free card will hurt me on a whiff. The pot is small, so I don't mind calling only one bet or folding on the river to significant action if a flush card hits.

3. By not defining my hand on the turn, it encourages them to take river shots. I'm aware that my hand doesn't look like trips by the river and will adjust accordingly.

Keep in mind that #2 and #3 only exist if the button checks.

In this hand, I called 2 more on the river and the loose button FOLDED!!

I'm not yet supplying the remainder of results in order to generate further discussion.