View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Teach me PAHUD Stats to use

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I need to know PFA and WTSD% to make the best decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found a leak. I don't use as many or perhaps know the best statistics to display on PA. Spurred by the above quote in a thread from earlier today. So help me out, please.

I use, vp$ip, pfr, # of hands. Yep, that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use APerfect10, which has tonsa stuff.

I look at flop/turn/river fold percentages and aggression numbers to judge if the guy is a calling station/maniac or if he's tight. The mix of overall aggression (AF) and these fold/aggro numbers give a good read on whether someone is fit-or-fold, maniac, calling station, and can hint if the guy is bluffy (tho AF alone usually gives that away).

CB% is handy, cuz sometimes it's either 100% or <50%, both of which are fairly meaningful. Numbers between 70 and 90 are pretty much ignorable tho. If you hit top pair of 9s, the guy has a high CB%, and a relatively high PFR, then I'd raise him (or check to him, expecting to raise). If the guy has a low CB% and moderate PFR, then you can respect his flop bet when the board comes 9-high.

I think all of the numbers are like this. They help in specific circumstances, not all the time. If you're in one of those specific circumstances, you can make a great play, but in general you're going to need "manual" reads.

It's taken me a while to get used to all the stats and to try to figure them out. Usually they just help me between close decisions (which, being that I suck, is way too often). I do remember two specific cases where the numbers alone made me / saved me a bunch of money.