View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Stream and Sara in pot building frenzy

My guess is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

First, I think Chef mucks there with just an ace high 3-flush but completes with AdKd9d. With three to a straight-flush, limping looks like the best play, especially since her pair cards are somewhat dead, but of course she’s not folding to the re-raise.

Second, I believe she would raise with an ace high 4-flush on 4th. At least that’s what I’d do - I don’t mind if you fold, and I don’t mind if you call two cold, either.
With the straight-flush draw, on the other hand, she’d like you to call. It will be tough for you to call two cold with just jacks or tens, though. Thus, no raise.

Nevertheless, I’m unsure about the river. After you cap it on 4th, she knows you’re on a flush draw, and since you completed, you probably have an ace or king. So is she going to raise here with just a straight or a smaller 3-flush?
On the other hand, you have an open pair so you could just be betting kings or aces up you made on the river.
Also, maybe all this is way off, and she did start with an ace high 3-flush after all.
I think just calling is better. (She’s certainly going to cap it with a straight-flush after all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ).