View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: AQ 5/10 6max hand

[ QUOTE ]
anybody want to comment on a possible preflop reraise line?

I figure 2/3 of the time, you don't flop the Q or A and you have to check fold to UTG raiser's continuation bet. the times you flop the A or Q, you are still scared to play if you just called preflop.

whereas if you reraise, there is a significant amount of time you take it down right there especially if you haven't been preflop reraising very much and UTG raiser's preflop raise range is wide. if UTG happens to have say KK, I think the default play at this level is to not 3 bet and if you flop the Q, its very hard for KK to call your flop bet, flopping the A goes without saying.

I just feel that smoothcalling preflop basically only gain you any money if you flop a pair and villain does not move you off of it, which out of position, is hard to do.

Therefore, I think if you know villain's UTG raise range is wide, you should either reraise or fold preflop with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like calling preflop and leading some flops, and check/calling some flops where it is likely that he didn't hit the flop either.