View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

Good post. It must've took a lot of energy and guts to post that on here. Real honesty. Anyhow, I just want to say that from the outside looking in, or reading in, it seems as though you're unhappy with your life. I think a lot of that has to do with poker but that's probably not entirely the reason. One thing I want to say is that maybe you shouldn't have moved to a place where you don't know anybody if you weren't ready. It takes a real social person to go out to the middle of a town where you don't know anyone and start to make friends and introduce yourself to people. Unless you join some group or something, people aren't really gonna give a rats ass about you. Nothing personal of course. It's like that for everybody. People just don't want to waste their time walking up to strangers and saying, "Oh, you look new here, what's your name?"

I suggest you move to a place where you have some friends around. Get a roommate with one of your poker friends if you can, or someone you feel close to so that it's not awkward w/ a total stranger when he/she sees you playing online poker 24/7. If you have family, perhaps staying w/ them for 6 months or so can help you make a better decision than you might make living by yourself in an isolated place. Online poker can be very isolating and you might start to find that your social skills are rotting away.

Anyhow, I'm rambling now and sounding like a preach so I'll just wish you the best of luck and find your true passion, whatever it is, and chase it. Life's too short to do otherwise.

As a fellow-just-turned-pro-who-wants-to-give-you-props-for-your-post,

stanky