View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Folded to me in LP with a maniac in the blind

How should I adjust my open-raising range and my postflop play when it's folded to me in LP and there is a maniac in the blinds? Let's assume that there is a 80% chance I will be 3-bet (feel free to talk about how your strategy changes if we drop this to 40%). Coming from a full ring background, I didn't run into this situation much, but with a maniac behind me (to my left and not in the blinds), I tightened up a lot on my open-raises, especially on the K- and Q-high offsuits, while not so much on the Ace high ones, because I perceived them to have more showdown value (I would C/C them down unimproved if the board texture was favorable, i.e. paired).

Anyways, the particular villain in the next two hands was 80/50/4, and I've never seen him fold on any street after a pre-flop raise:

-----------------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I think I should be check/folding the river here, correct? Maybe even the turn?

-----------------

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I think I should just fold this pre-flop knowing that SB will 3-bet me 90% of the time. However, given that I got myself into this jam, what should I be doing on the flop? I think I can peel then check/fold the turn unimproved. Calling this down was just terrible IMO, even with the double-paired river.