View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: raises from LAGs -- call down vs. re-raise vs. fold

Hey there,

Firstly, I feel your pain. If the 3/6 games were anything like the 2/4 games last night, they were particularly fishy and aggressive. I had more bad beats and lost more BBs last night then any other session I've played. I don't have an answer to your questions, but I will give you my take on the hands.

Hand1 : Personally I call these down way too often, but the chance of villian semi-bluffing a flush draw is so slim at this level, I've found that when I am raised like this on the turn, my overpair is usually beaten, probably by 54 or 43 for 2pr, or a 6 for the straight. These idiots will call raises with anything.

Hand2 : I can comfortably fold this at 2/4, even if villian is a total LAG, I've been calling them down and you just end up losing, given that you only have second pair and the flush just hit. Villian's pre-flop 3bet, smooth call on the flop, then turn raise makes me think KK for a slow played set, or AK at the least, KJ is also a possibility.

Hand3 : This one I find a little trickier, since the board is pretty co-ordinated, villian could easily have 2pr, or 1pr and an OESD, or just the OESD. Given that villian is a LAG, I'm inclined to just call down, this way you lose the least when you're behind. Alternatively, you could 3bet and check-fold the turn if he caps. If he doesn't cap it, you could bet out on the turn and fold to a raise, especially given the 8 that puts 4 to a straight on the board. Tough hand.

Not sure how good my advice is, but that's what I would do. I'm going to try to find more folds to turn raises, even when villian is LAG, because as it stands I'm calling down way too much only to find I'm beat. Maybe my opinion is a bit tainted from the raping I suffered at the tables last night.

Cheers.

joop