View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Mirage 20-40: Play This Hand Against Me

im trying to understand what the main motivation to 3 bet here is. as i see it the 3 bet has value if one of two things is true:
1) its likely enough that JJ is the best hand that an extra bet or two is gained from a likely worse hand.
2) its likely enough that the 3 bet will cause him to fold a better hand or a hand with enough outs to beat us to justify the bet.

im wondering to what extent each of these plays into the decision to 3 bet. is there another reason to 3 bet that im missing? im not optimisitc enough about JJ's chances of being the best hand to want to put more bets than i have too in here unless there is a reasonable chance this will increase my chances of winning the pot but im having a hard time coming up with many hands that i want to fold that would fold to the 3 bet. of dynasty's potential pre-flop 3 bet hands about the only ones that i would think might fold to a 3 bet here would be AK/AQ not of clubs but im not sure how likely these are given how the hand has played out already. anymore explanation from the 3 bet camp would be greatly appreciated.