View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Why aren\'t you better?

[ QUOTE ]
balls. the bigger yer balls, the better u do in poker. ok the diff between a great 109er that struggles in the 215s and a great 215er that pwns everything is pretty simple. PERFECT bubble play. and i mean perfect. no mistakes. not occasionally making a -ev shove, occasionally letting someone keep their bb when u dont wanna shove 23o, etc. perfect. perfect early game. this means not folding AQ from the bb on lvl 2 to a SINGLE raise to 90. this means being able to play a flop, turn, and river well. this means implementing cash game strategies to gain chips in the early stages of the stt. thats really all there is to it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so true. and this is one of the reasons i get frustrated. most poker up to the 109s lvl is pretty straight forward. these close bubble decisions and post flop situations where you arent sure if your hand is good or not dont come up very often.
yet the fact that a great player can have double my ROI at the same level because of these rare situations (obviously this isnt true, but i feel im playing perfect besides these close situations - the fact that i cant even fathom what else i could be doing wrong also pisses me off) boggles my mind.