View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Possible Tourney Seat for Sale (Sunday)

Good thoughts, guys.

It seems stupid for me to be so intimidated about a $500 buy-in when I've played $15-$30 before, but I keep imagining the gut-wrenching experience of going all-in 2 or 3 hands in and busting for $530 in 30 seconds. Maybe it's just the idea of there being a 90%+ probability that at some point I'll be staring blankly at the screen knowing I just lost the equivalent 1/4 of my Stars bankroll (most of which was from a lucky low-limit tourney).

The Devil & his minions have some good arguments. When I bought into the satellite, I was thinking "hey $58 bucks for a good learning experience (or 2 if I win a seat) and a longshot at big bucks". I did forget I'd be up against a bunch of satellite softy-weenies like me, too.

Appreciate the heads-up on being able to convert to tourney credits - I missed that in the News. Only problem is that now that I know that, it feels like I'm actually spending $530 to play.

So I've boiled down all the advice down into a compromise that only makes me feel like a half-weenie... if I'm not home alone with my 16-month old AND I win a bit of the buy-in by playing tonight, I'll play. (BTW, for you future or new Dads out there - NEVER call it baby-sitting when it's your own kid. Learned that from my wife the hard way [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

Otherwise, I'll take someone's idea of going half-way and playing a few $100-ish NL tourneys and maybe the $200+15 as well. If I place in the money in any of those, then I'll definitely take a shot at the next $500+$30. More practice, shot at a 4 or 5-figure payday.

If anybody in the Zoo's going to play I'd like to either railbird or watch your table while I'm playing. (I'm "Jayco" on PokerStars, too).

Thanks again, all.

J