View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Is this collusion?

[ QUOTE ]
During this game, Boss'Friend, the LAG, observes that Hero and Friend do not play many, if any, hands agasint one another.
Boss walks into work the next morning and opens with "Did you enjoy taking our money last night?" Hero laughs. Boss states that "It was just like in Rounders. We were talking about it after you left." Hero thinks WTF? and asks Boss if he really believes that Hero and Friend cheated/colluded in a $10 home game. Boss shrugs and gives a look along the lines of "I don't know; you tell me."

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...to begin, I agree with the other guys' assessment. You are in a no-win situation.

Now...let's look at your boss' logic. You two do NOT play many hands against each other. How is that collusion? Most idiots that try to collude have one guy pumping the pot with garbage while the other has a strong hand...catching someone in between. Evidently you and your friend know how to play some poker...you choose decent starting hands to play, and otherwise stay out of the game. These guys obviously figure any 2 cards can win...and when they don't, they were obviously 'cheated.'

I wouldn't bring it up again--Let it die. If your boss does, have someone else in the conversation and explain your logic (the other person is there so that if your boss ever seeks retribution by punishing you at work, you've got a witness).

Did he think you were stacking the deck?