View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Turn Action: Donked by a Trickster

Yes, a river 3-bet is an incredible sign of strength. I'm not debating whether the BB is strong given his river 3-bet.

I'm debating the turn check, which I don't like.

Given the turn check, I definitely hate the river raise if the Hero is going to fold to a 3-bet.

You're making your move after your redraw is gone. Make your move when your redraw is alive ... at the turn. Win the 15 big bets when you're ahead, win huge (18+) when your draw hits. Lose 0-2 bets less when you're crushed by AA (or ridiculous 87 or 77-55 .. while these are ridiculous holdings, only the PF move would have been maniacal).

You seem so worried about winning more (meaning 2-3 big bets more) ... why aren't you concerned about winning period (in this hand only please, not in general)? The pot pre-turn betting is already 14 big bets!!! His turn bet makes 15 ... raise to try and maximize your chances to win the pot right then (and proceed as indicated in my earlier post based on the BBs response)! Without a turn raise, you have no idea whether a turn call & a river raise is +EV. You could be way behind, and I still abhor the river raise with the intention of folding to a 3-bet.

No one likes the turn raise? I've only heard about the river action. If you hate the turn raise (in Shillx's hand and not the original hand starting this thread), Why?