View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 04:24 PM

Default For the sake of any ultra slow moderators: THE RULES

Here are the rules, as posted by Matt Sklansky, in (get this) the Other Other Topics forum. I submit that the Politics forum is a tad more civilised already than OOT.

I also submit that until BruceZ decided to butt in and started excreting posts by the dozen about his "rules", not too many people had a problem whatsoever with QUOTE name-calling UNQUOTE, in the Politics forum.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Don't circumvent the profanity filter.
2) Do not post any pictures which can get a person at work in trouble. You may post links to such pictures, but be sure you provide a nsfw warning.
3) The other terms and conditions basically apply; no slander for example.
4) Posts which are considered to be over the top in the offensiveness category, whether they be due to sexuality, bigotry, etc.. will probably be deleted. The decisions will be left up to the moderators and myself and as a result there may be some inconsistency. I and other moderators will strive for leniency, however.
5) In this forum, where judgement calls are being made, I suggest you save any post you believe is questionable.
6) It is our policy here to encourage vigorous debate and even fun. However, it is also our policy to demand that people be respectful to one another. In other words, just try to show a little common sense and decency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clear enough? Now get off it already.