Thread: Live 4/8 hand
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Live 4/8 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree on betting the flop here. While the flop is dry enough that we don't need to protect so badly, the pot is fairly large, and we can still make our opponents commit FTOP errors by (1) folding the flop with an ace or (2) calling the flop without one.

To clarify the river, I think b/f is probably best the way hero played the hand. But if villain had raised preflop and Hero had 3-bet, I like c/c better. My point was just that when you get to the river, don't just follow a line because you saw someone else do it, figure out why a particular line is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

The line wasn't taken to play, 'oh look, I can use WA/WB here, aren't I so damn cool'. The table was playing as passively as you can imagine a live 4/8 table playing. (If you haven't played live, think "loose .5/1"). Leading the flop here and offering 10:1 and better for those farther back seemed assinine. I really, really doubt that I have the best hand in this situation, however I had planned to c/r a LP bettor, had there been one. When villain bets his hand my c/r plan is no good, and when the rest of the table folds leaving me HU, why not play the hand WA/WB?

Still think it's horrible?