View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Making more money from poker then I will ever make from a real job

This annoys me very much. First let me say that i'm not from USA, so im honest when I say I can never make good money from a regular job.

My mother and father who are highly educated make both aprox $3.5k/month, and that's over twice the avg. payment here.

Now me who just had the 19th birthday have made to save $50k(money that I have in bank account top of that I have poker roll of over $20k) in past year from online poker, I dont talk with my parents about money because i feel shame. But they know I have made a decent amount and keep saying me that I must be carefull.
My friends are all broke(excluded couple who play poker, and make even more then I do) and they have to think daily what they can buy and if they can eat out, magazines are full of students writing how hard it's live with the less then $500 that goverment gives them monthly.

Im happy with the current situation and I have no plans of going pro poker player, since it's obvious this wont last long. But im very worried about the future, because I wont make more then $10/hour from a real job even with a decent education. I have the feeling that it will be hard to motivate myself, best solution offcourse would be if I could make so much money from poker that when it dries up I can do whatever real work I want and live without worrying my lifestyle suffering big time.

Due all that im actually holding back a bit and not playing as much as I would like to - sick I know.

I dont really know what kind of advice im looking for but if anyone has been in a similiar situation opinions and thoughts are welcome.