View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Watching this years WSOP the final straw.

Firstly, I didn't say a single thing negative about Barch, his play seemed solid and very consistently good which considering the stakes is no mean feat, I'm not sure where you got the impression I said anything negative about him from. 2ndly of course my opinion is affected by the broadcast because that's the only way we see the hole cards but I've read the hand by hand posting numerous times as well, give me some credit. And yes Black had been agressive but on that dry of a board I still think putting someone else virtually all in, especially someone who was prone to vastly overplay his hand when allowed to be the aggressesor then chatting up a storm and generally looking pleased as punch is foolish. Say what you will about Moneymaker, at least he had brains enough to keep his mouth shut and not give off obvious tells.

Yes I though Hachem was somewhat conservative but with Kanter and Danneman behind him raising into him and a short stack I'm not sure he had much choice since those two seem like the most likely to give him the least fold equity with his relatively short stack.

And results aside, I HATE calling 73o there too.

Lastly, I was including David Williams in a GROUP that I rated as running from decent to very good, not saying David Williams in 2004 was at the better end of that group, I think Raymer and Arieh were clearly the class of the 2004 final table along with Harrington.

Finally, let me put it to you this way, if you had to pick one final table to compete against, which would it be, 2003, 2004, 2005?