View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Screen name change (fatskiis) And some long (LC) expatiation

[ QUOTE ]
Is only repeating what Joe said and I already disagreed with. The only thing this can possibly do for me is get me to think about it more. I have, and still can't figure out where you are both comming from. If you could be more specific here I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't be much more specific than that. In a 16SB pot when you're unable to face the field with two cold, the hope of folding any hands that aren't drawing stone cold dead is an illusion at best. In addition, you're overstating your equity, especially against a 3-bet from the small blind from a TAGGY player. Against a liberal 3-bet range (88+,ATs+,KQs,ATo+,KQo), you're looking at your hand being exactly break-even equity wise at showdown. You aren't exploiting a preflop equity edge that's worth exploiting, and furthermore, you're making the entire hand be about 'showdown' poker. In this case, you forced yourself into marginal decisions on the flop and the turn by capping a hand preflop that didn't give you much of an equity edge in a best-case scenario. How great is that?

Rob