View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: where are the good $10/20 games?

Game:
I can play short handed, but full is preferable. I've been playing 3/6 and 5/10 for so long, where the preflop edge is so valuable, that its hard for me to not play at a fulltable instead.

Wage:
Pokertacker says I win about 1 big blind per hour per table at 5/10 but thats may be too generous. Thats just the stats on the account I play most. With some rough accounting I think I earn between $20-30/hr total, if I had to guess I would say about 27 or 28.

The discrepancy?
Multitabling with 1 bb per hour per $5/10 table should be generating $40-$50 per hour or better. This sample might not be large enough (about 30k hands, new comp) and I only play 5/10 at peek hours of the night. When the fish wander away I play SNGs and multis where I make much less hourly, but more than I would make playing 5/10 at the harder hours.

Bankroll:
I'm up to about 8-9k, so by the "300 big bet" rule I should have moved up a long time ago. Without going into details, some of my savings is less liquid than the the rest and I don't really like to treat all my poker earnings as "bankroll".