View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: I am having trouble knowing what to do in this situation

[ QUOTE ]
table is quite passive... a lot of check call till the river... really havent been on the table much so dont have any solid reads.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP folds.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I struggle with this situation, there are so many ppl still in the pot, my AQ doesnt look very likely to showdown a winner... what do you guys do in this situation? I know you have seen it often.

the ch on the flop may have been wrong, but I had seen this situation go bad for me soo much in the last 2 or 3 days that I just checked, gave up and logged off lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop, but make myself ready to give up quickly. Since you don't have solid reads (early in the session), you want to know how villains play against aggression since you're going to be aggressive most of the time. I tend to lean towards aggression when I'm not sure, especially early in a session. I like looking like a LAG.