View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: WinHoldem cheaters foiled

i don't know much about this stuff and right now I don't have time to look through the article/forum on it.

I do have a few questions/observations though:

1. I didn't know it was possible for someone to get a screen-shot of what I had running from somewhere else. If this is so easily done then wouldn't it be more likely that more of us would have had various user-names and passwords stolen and hacked into by now?

2. Are these guys using win-holdem actually making any money at all doing this or all they all pretty much losing/breaking-even?

3. Why would screen-shots be better at detecting this stuff then just noticing how long someone is playing at a shot....looking at HH's, etc? How does this even detect a bot-program? Can't you just remove it from the screen?

4. What happens for the win-holdem user if the table they are on closes? Before a table shuts-down it is often extremely short-handed for awhile (2-4 players). Do these Bots continue to play at these tables then or do they know to remove themselves (because I highly doubt they are capable of playing short-handed with any competence at all)? This could be one of the big problems with the Bots.

5. If everyone else can already take screen-shots of my computer I'm a little concerend about it I guess....but I guess I don't have much of a bigger problem with Party doing it than anyone else.

Input appreciated. thanks.