View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Playing against friends

I play a game every week and I win 90% of the time when i lose its a bad beat my friends know im good and they respect me. I look at home games not as a source of income but practice, and im willing to bust anyone friend or foe. I always want to play my best. i forget who said it but "but id bust my own grandma at the table" thats what i do everytime i sit down at the poker table wether it be at home b&m or online i want to destroy anyone who plays me. If i lose against friends i congradulate them on how they played that gutshot or how they check raised me all in with bottom pair on a semi bluff and caught trips on the river, whatever it may be because i know next week im more than likely to win it all.

Now dont get me wrong i always give the impression at the poker table that im there to have fun its the best way not to have people gunning for me or scare away potential fish. I treat my friends the same way i have fun laugh have a few beers but in my head its pot odds implied odds and equity. They always wonder why i count the pot lol i just say i like to see what i am gonna win in a joking manner.

So dont be pissed when they are gunning for you, because the way that you show yourself to them is a determined poker player not a social player like them. My advice is to have fun but still play for real.