View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: SMB 3 VS FF6

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how Chrono Trigger isnt the best game ever. I honestly think most people have never played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I think you've never played X-COM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played X-COM but your posts and incredible amount of enthusiasm for the game have convinced me to give this project Xenocide thing a try.

By the way, if you like RPGs at all, try and give Chrono Trigger a chance. You can download the emulated version free from various sites. I really think it is one of the richest RPGs of all time, in terms of gameplay, character development, graphics, plot, music. In fact I would say just about every aspect of that game is top-notch. I'd be surprised if you hated it, you seem to have good taste and an eye for gameplay and details. For me, those are easily the two most important traits in determining the quality of any game.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the way people seem to be so fond of it, it probably is pretty darn good.

What's happening here is you have two games squaring off against each other and almost certainly very few people have played both. So it just comes down to a numbers game, and X-COM being the older game is going to lose automatically because of that alone almost no matter what it was paired against, unless it was a game everyone hated.